[gecode-users] Lower bound for Branch-and-bound

Christian Schulte cschulte at kth.se
Tue Apr 5 10:07:20 CEST 2011

Hi,

Please remember, MPG tells what is in Gecode and how it can be used but not
how everything has been invented ;-)

If you want to assess the quality, you need to compute a lower bound
yourself. It might even make sense to use other methods for computing lower
and/or upper bounds. An example for this you can find in MPG, "Bin packing"
where both lower and upper bounds are essential.

Best

Christian Schulte, www.ict.kth.se/~cschulte/