[gecode-users] Gecode installation/compilation/usage

Guido Tack tack at gecode.org
Fri Sep 3 13:19:54 CEST 2010

Manu Kaul wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have just downloaded the latest 3.4.0 macosx image and installed the package on my machine. I am having problems when I run the program.
>
> My platform
> System Version:	Mac OS X 10.6.4 (10F569)
> Kernel Version:	Darwin 10.4.0
>
> g++ version on macosx
> $ g++
> i686-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1:
>
> How I compiled the sample.cpp code from the user guide.
> $ g++ -o sample sample.cpp -framework gecode
>
> The execution error
> $ ./sample
> dyld: Library not loaded: QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui
>   Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/gecode.framework/Versions/23/gecode
>   Reason: image not found
> Trace/BPT trap

You have to install the Qt framework as well, as noted on our download pages.

> I wonder what the command line options for macosx should be to run this program? I am referring to MPG.pdf reference guide Section 2.3.2!
> It says that I should have used gcc instead - but compiling a C++ program with gcc gives me -->

This refers to gcc as the "GNU compiler collection".  In order to compile C++ programs, you have to invoke it as g++.

I added a few sentences to MPG to clarify these two points.

Guido Tack, http://people.cs.kuleuven.be/~guido.tack/