[gecode-users] gecode on a red hat cluster with gcc 4.1.2

Peter Vanhee peter.vanhee at gmail.com
Thu May 6 15:58:00 CEST 2010

Hi all,

We're trying hard to compile gecode on a red hat cluster, however, we had to install
the gcc 4.4.3 in order to compile gecode, while the official gcc version for Redhat
installed in the cluster is gcc 4.1.2. However, besides the fact that updating gcc
is a tricky task, we ran into various gecode-unrelated problems.

Are there any workarounds to installing gecode using 4.1.2 ? (e.g. by removing
some of the components that are not crucial but need +4.2), or is this simply impossible?

Thanks for the help,
Peter