[gecode-users] Arc consistency, value and variable ordering

Guido Tack tack at gecode.org
Wed May 5 11:21:27 CEST 2010

The choice is made dynamically at each choicepoint, depending on the current domains.  So in your REGRET example, X would be chosen over Y because it has a smaller min-regret.  INT_VAR_ SIZE_AFC_MIN is not first-fail, it's "dom/weighted degree", see the tutorial documentation, Section 9.1.  First-fail would be INT_VAR_SIZE_MIN.
There's no (variable, constraint) pairs in Gecode, as Christian pointed out Gecode is not an AC algorithm.  INT_VAR_NONE simply picks, at each choicepoint, the first unassigned variable from the array.
There is no additional documentation except the tutorial and the reference docs you mentioned.  Just experiment with different strategies using Gist, you will see what choices they make.

Guido Tack, http://people.cs.kuleuven.be/~guido.tack/