[gecode-users] Gecode 3.4.0 released

Guido Tack tack at gecode.org
Mon Jul 26 09:21:40 CEST 2010

[sorry for multiple copies, we have had some email problems]

Dear all,

we are releasing a new version of Gecode:

             Gecode 3.4.0
      http://www.gecode.org

This release includes: considerably improved support for posting expressions and relations (also including set and full arithmetic expressions); other improvements for modeling (array initialization and element addition to arrays); state-of-the-art unary and cumulative scheduling propagators (including optional and flexible tasks); major cleanups of the variable and view infrastructure (now also documented in MPG); cleanups of the examples; several other fixes and performance improvements.

This release is the first to be accompanied by a complete version of "Modeling and Programming in Gecode" which has been extended by many new case studies and parts on programming search engines and variables.

On our web site, you find source packages, as well as binary packages for Windows and Mac OS.

Guido Tack, http://people.cs.kuleuven.be/~guido.tack/