[gecode-users] Symmetry breaking for Gecode

Chris Mears Chris.Mears at monash.edu
Tue Jul 6 02:29:27 CEST 2010

Hello Gecoders,

I am making my dynamic symmetry breaking library, LDSB, available to
adventurous constraint programmers.  The main strength of LDSB is that
it allows symmetry breaking to be added very simply to a model.  Here
is an example:

// ...
IntVarArray xs;
ExampleModel() : xs(*this, 4, 0, 3)
{
    distinct(*this, xs);

    // Symmetry breaking starts here...
    Symmetries s(1);
    s[0] = values_interchange(*this, xs);
    // ... and ends here.

    branch(*this, xs, INT_VAR_NONE, INT_VAL_MIN, s);
}
// ...

More details, and the library itself, can be found at
http://www.cmears.id.au/symmetry/ .  The interface is not quite set
in stone, but I think it works well enough, and there is some basic
documentation.  All feedback, comments, complaints, praise, etc.
is gratefully received!

Chris Mears