[gecode-users] Red square syndrome

benoit benoitlaurent at neuf.fr
Wed Jan 20 09:12:18 CET 2010

Dear All,

I have been using Gecode for a few months now and often struggle hard to
debug my models. I have many different types of constraints and I
encounter difficulties to understand failures. My question is the
following : is there a general good practice or is it too
problem-dependant ?

I am using Gist of course and implemented my own branching strategies to
record the variable-value pair currently considered (integer modeling).
But, still, it remains difficult for me to identify domains that "would"
become empty and the reason why (even if "variable domains are never
empty").

Thank you in advance for your help

Benoît