[gecode-users] Gecode headers not found

Yannick Parmentier yannick.parmentier at univ-orleans.fr
Mon Feb 8 13:54:36 CET 2010

Hi,

I confirm that the compilation of Qt-creator 1.3.1 using msvc-2008 does not raise any problem (NB: it needs having Qt-4.6.1 for msvc installed, and takes about 1 hour on a netbook).

Then, from the Qt profile related to our gecode program, qmake automatically creates a makefile pointing on Gecode lib and include repositories.

Only one fix was needed in the automatically-generated makefile: msvc was called with option "-Wextra" which made it crash. I had to remove this option, then compilation went on.

Regarding Gecode, everything seems to work fine, but it seems gcc and msvc does not rely on the same specification, e.g. a declaration of the form:
    int table_id [ size ];
raises an error when compiling with msvc.

> > Thanks for the pointer. VirtualBox seems great, alas the open source version does not come as a binary, and its compilation depends on (too) many requirements.
>
> I use the binary, its under a "free for personal and academic use" license.

As bochs is an open-source initiative, I'd like to try it first. Its installation from the binary file went well. I'll now install a linux on the VM.

Thanks again for your help,
cheers,

Yannick