[gecode-users] Gecode headers not found

Yannick Parmentier yannick.parmentier at univ-orleans.fr
Sun Feb 7 21:10:52 CET 2010

Hi Guido,

> It seems to be possible to use Qt-creator with the Microsoft compiler.  Here's a thread on that topic:
> http://lists.trolltech.com/pipermail/qt-creator/2009-January/001361.html

thanks a lot for the URL.
Nokia provides users with a binary version of Qt-4.6.1 compiled using msvc.
Thus, I downloaded Qt-creator-1.3.1's sources, and I am now in the middle of their compilation using msvc.

> > Apart from tweaking Qt-creator, I am considering another option: to install a virtualization machine (such as bochs) with linux + Qt-SDK on it.
>
> I have never tried bochs, but I can recommend VirtualBox.

Thanks for the pointer. VirtualBox seems great, alas the open source version does not come as a binary, and its compilation depends on (too) many requirements.

Cheers,

Yannick