[gecode-users] Problems using Stop object with search engines

Guido Tack tack at gecode.org
Tue Aug 3 18:57:17 CEST 2010

Kish Shen wrote:
> I am trying to use a Stop object with my existing search engine code, but the program seem to crash when I try to run the code.

[...]

> Is this because the Stop Object was destroyed when I returned from the procedure that created it? I thought everything is copied in Gecode?

Yes. Only the data structures that live in spaces are copied, everything else is just an ordinary C++ data structure.  You'll have to create the Stop object on the heap using new and keep track of it yourself.

> The Stop object is passed via the stop member of search options. Does this mean that only one stop object can be passed to the search engine?
> Is it possible to set more than one limit (e.g. for both node and time)?

Yes, you'll have to create a stop object that encapsulates several other stop objects.  For an example, see the Cutoff class in gecode/driver/script.hh.

Guido Tack, http://people.cs.kuleuven.be/~guido.tack/