[gecode-users] compilation problem on windows + mingw32

Alexandre Fayolle alexandre.fayolle at logilab.fr
Tue Sep 8 14:47:01 CEST 2009

Hi everyone,

(appologies if this is the wrong mailing list)

I'm having some compilation problems. I want to compile a python extension
module which uses gecode 3.1. Python2.5 extensions require VisualStudio 2003
and gecode needs VS2008 (stop me if I'm wrong). So I'm currently giving a try
at mingw32.

Unless I'm mistaken, the windows installer for gecode is meant to be used with
Visual Studio, so I'm attempting to recompile gecode with mingw32 from source.
configure went fine (eventually), but make fails with the following message:

g++ -mno-cygwin -I. -DNDEBUG -Wextra -Wall -pipe -ggdb -O3 -fno-strict-aliasing
-ffast-math -mthreads  -DGECODE_BUILD_SEARCH -c -o gecode/search/stop.o  gecode/search/stop.cpp
In file included from ./gecode/search.hh:44,
                 from gecode/search/stop.cpp:38:
./gecode/support/timer.hh: In member function 'double Gecode::Support::Timer::stop()':
./gecode/support/timer.hh:83: erreur: 'timersub' was not declared in this scope

A quick google search didn't provide useful results.

Editing gecode/support/config.hpp seems to solve this. Am I missing something obvious such as a mingw package?

(By the way : is there a pre-built package with mingw32 available for downloading somewhere? This could be a great time-saver...)