[gecode-users] Not all solutions, BAB vs. DFS

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Fri Sep 4 10:34:00 CEST 2009

Martin Kreißig wrote:
>> You can use opt.solutions(0) with DFS, too.
>
> Alright, but how do I pass opt to my CSP object?

You don't.  The Options class is for use with the driver
infrastructure.  So either you use the driver, and Script::run, or you
don't use options.  There's a different options class controlling the
search itself (it's documented).

> The problem is: When testing I insert - lets say 3 - specific
> combination of variables that fulfil the constraints. Then every
> variable gets its set (of size 3). So the output should be (at
> least) 3 combinations. What I get is some of my original solutions,
> some mixed solutions, but some of the originals are skipped.
>
> Can it be that some values are deleted? but that shouldnt be the case.

That's impossible to answer without seeing the actual problem.  Maybe
you can post a simple, small example.