[gecode-users] Version 3.x.x and Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition

David Rijsman David.Rijsman at quintiq.com
Thu Sep 3 15:03:06 CEST 2009

Hi,

I noticed that version 3.0.x no longer supports the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition and indeed the code does not compile using this compiler. Although the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition is free it is no option for me to use this one.

I also noticed it is pretty easy to get the code compiling, running and passing al the tests again using the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition. All one has to do is change in "thread.hh"

#ifdef GECODE_THREADS_WINDOWS
#include <windows.h>
#endif

into

#ifdef GECODE_THREADS_WINDOWS

#ifndef _WIN32_WINNT
#   define _WIN32_WINNT 0x400
#endif

#include <windows.h>
#endif

this works for 32 bits and 64 bits machine. Perhaps this can be added in the next releases?

thanks,

David J Rijsman
Algorithm Lead
Quintiq