[gecode-users] Python wrappers

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Fri Oct 30 12:07:24 CET 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 06:57:32PM +0000, Ellis Breen wrote:
> I'm currently looking for a free-as-in-beer constraint programming library
> with bindings in both C/C++ and Python. It seems Logilab started a Python
> wrapper for Gecode but never completed it.

logilab-constraint is a rather inefficient constraint programming
library in pure python:

http://www.logilab.org/project/logilab-constraint
http://hg.logilab.org/logilab/constraint/

We use gecode in our project management tool called projman:
http://www.logilab.org/project/projman

I think we started by trying to wrap the whole gecode library, then
realized that it was more efficient to use only a part of it. Our work
can be looked at in the projman.scheduling module:
http://hg.logilab.org/projman/file/d1672cf96df7/scheduling

Maybe Ludovic will be able to tell you more about this.

Hope this helps,

--
Nicolas Chauvat