[gecode-users] Python wrappers

Ellis Breen spacestation9 at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 30 00:45:56 CET 2009

Interesting... That looks more like a code-generation approach to MiniZinc,
which again could make deployment a little more difficult than straight
interpretation (I intend to run Minizinc programs on numerous Buildbot
slaves), but should result in more efficient code. I guess this should be
automatable.

In my current setup, feeding Minizinc into a static application would be
much preferable, so I guess it's the mzn2fzn route for now.

Perhaps the Numberjack API could be extended to support Flatzinc for
applicable solvers?

I guess this might be considered overkill, as it defines its own high-level
interface. Maybe I need to look at using Boost::Python to talk to
Numberjack, and code my constraint descriptions in that.

Ellis