[gecode-users] Question about Gist

benoit benoitlaurent at neuf.fr
Wed Oct 28 14:36:38 CET 2009

Hello,

First, thank you for your very quick answer.
> Hi,
>
> There is no general mechanism in Gist for viewing the choices made
> during search. Gecode supports advanced, user defined choices that
> post propagators and/or modify variables, so it would be very hard to
> make something general.
>
> If you would like to know how your particular problem works, you could
> hack it together for your particular application though. If you
> implement your own Brancher you could let it record the last choice
> made during search in the Space. The print-function could add this to
> the output when you inspect a node. Implementing your own Brancher is
> fairly straight-forward, see examples/black-hole.cpp and
> examples/knights.cpp for two custom Branchers.
I had a look at the files you mention as well as
examples/queen-armies.cpp. In all these examples, the choice of the
variable is performed in the status method. Is this always the case ?
For my part, I just want to reproduce (except the recording of the last
choice) a default branching behaviour :
branch(*this, v, INT_VAR_SIZE_MIN, INT_VAL_MAX) ;
I initially performed the selection of both the variable and the value
in the choice method. Is it the proper way to achieve this or do I have
to split each selection in the status method and in the choice method ?
Benoît