[gecode-users] High memory consumption during execution

Christian Schulte cschulte at kth.se
Tue Nov 10 09:48:31 CET 2009

Another hint: if your model uses the standard Gecode search engines, you can
inquire how much memory is occupied by the nodes of the search tree. If
there is a huge difference between what is reported by the search engine and
what is reported by your operating system, you program just has a memory
leak.

Then, how deep is the search tree? How many variables and propagators does
your problem have?

In the end: we could say much more if you provided a little bit more detail
about what you observe. The information that your program uses a lot of
memory is not that helpful in itself.

Christian Schulte, www.ict.kth.se/~cschulte/