[gecode-users] variable selection heuristics

Alejandro Arbelaez alejandro.arbelaez at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 15:30:37 CET 2009

Dear Gecode developers,

I've seen that the last gecode version includes variables' weighted degree
information which i think is a great new feature of gecode, because now it
will be possible to use the current state-of-the-art variable selection
heuristics (dom/wdeg) in gecode. I don't have all the details about this new
release, but I'd like know if this release also includes a restart-base
search engine. (i.e, restarting the search engine when some cutoff limit in
the number of failures is met). I know this is not difficult to implement
but would like to know if this is already available.

And my last question, are you considering to include Impacts [1] into gecode
(I mean in the near future)?

[1] P. Refalo. Impact-based search strategies for Constraint Programming, In
CP 2004.

Cheers,
Alejandro