[gecode-users] Thread-safe space copying

Christian Schulte cschulte at kth.se
Fri May 29 13:58:18 CEST 2009

Hi,

No operation in Gecode is thread safe (by design). So, when you want to
create a clone of a space, only one thread can do that at a time (and you
have make sure that clone is called with false as argument for share). If
that turns out to be a bottleneck for your application: if you have created
an unshared clone c from a space s, then of course two threads can create
clones in parallel: one from c and one from s.

Christian