[gecode-users] Symbolic Constraints - fd_relation contraint in Gecode?

Denys Duchier denys.duchier at univ-orleans.fr
Wed May 20 20:36:57 CEST 2009

Pedro Salgueiro <pds at di.uevora.pt> writes:

> Is this the expected behavior of Gecode when handling with large
> integers, or am I doing something wrong?

I could be wrong about this, but I just had a quick glance at the
implementation and its seems to allocate datastructures of a size
proportial to the width of the domain.  So if you have small values and
very large values, the width is going to be very large.

If I am right, then you might be better off encoding your N values into
the interval [0,N-1] and then possibly using an element constraint to
decode them where necessary.

Then again, I could be completely off base :-/

Cheers,

--Denys