[gecode-users] Performance Issue of Gecode

Christian Schulte cschulte at kth.se
Tue Mar 31 23:40:55 CEST 2009

Dear Jeffrey,

That’s not a performance issue, that’s a modeling issue. Without more detail there is very little one could say but that if your model is poor, it might search 3^49 nodes.

Did you try  the standard modeling techniques: symmetry breaking, branching heuristics, implied constraints, choosing sufficiently strong propagators for your constraints, and so on?

Christian Schulte, www.it.kth.se/~cschulte/