[gecode-users] minimodel question

Christian Schulte cschulte at kth.se
Wed Mar 25 21:47:51 CET 2009

Hi Gustavo,

We fixed the bug but a new release might take one or two more days.

We went through all changes in 3.0.0 again and checked whether they are covered by our tests (which they were not, of course. But that's fixed now). Retesting everything will take a day or two.

So far, Gecode 3.0.* has been a total disaster and hence we decided to carefully go through everything again. The problem was really in our testing methodology: we did not check carefully enough that the new optimizations and in particular their bordercases are covered. All bugs discovered had in common that they were uncovered optimizations.

Cheers and thanks

Christian Schulte, www.it.kth.se/~cschulte/