[gecode-users] propagators on auxiliary variables

Andrea Rendl andrea.rendl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 14:00:33 CET 2009

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me with a problem with
propagators on auxiliary variables - I couldn't find any
related thread in the mailing list.

In my problem class, I have one main decision variable
array and a set of auxiliary variable arrays (IntVarArrays
and BoolVarArrays). I post propagators on the main array,
on both main array and aux arrays, and on the aux arrays.
If I branch over the main array and the aux arrays, the
corresponding solutions only comply with the propagators
posted on the main array. However, if I branch over the
aux-arrays only, then the solutions comply to all posted
propagators. Is this normal?

I thought by "linking" the aux-arrays and the main-array
with propagators the propagators on aux-arrays will have
an effect on the main array.

I would be happy about any pointers from you :)

Thanks,
Andrea