[gecode-users] Documentation question

Gustavo Gutiérrez gutierrez.gustavo at uclouvain.be
Tue Jun 30 11:27:28 CEST 2009

Hello,

In the document "Modeling with Gecode", section 5.2.3 "Set operations"
you say that:

rel(home, SOT_UNION, x, SRT_SUP, y);

Enforces a union relation of all the elements of x (an array of set
variables) to be a subset of set variable y. When I tried to use this
constraint I got an error from the compiler saying that such a
function does not exist:

  error: no matching function for call to 'rel(GdPIPSolver&,
Gecode::SetOpType, Gecode::SetVarArray&, Gecode::SetRelType,
Gecode::SetVar&)'

The line in my code producing the error is:

rel(*this,SOT_UNION,supliers,SRT_SUB,nT);

being suppliers the array of set variables and nT a set variable.

When I open the documentation (the part linked from the first
paragraph of the section 5.2.3) I notice that the only methods that
take a SetOpType as a second parameter are:

void 	Gecode::rel (Space &home, SetOpType op, const SetVarArgs &x,
SetVar y)
  	Post propagator for $ y = \diamond_{\mathit{op}} x$.
void 	Gecode::rel (Space &home, SetOpType op, const SetVarArgs &x,
const IntSet &z, SetVar y)
  	Post propagator for $ y = \diamond_{\mathit{op}} x
\diamond_{\mathit{op}} z$.

Which of course do not match with the documented function. Am I
missing something?, probably I am looking at the wrong place an is an
stupid mistake.

Regards,
Gustavo