[gecode-users] flatzinc 1.2.1 question

Alejandro Arbelaez alejandro.arbelaez at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 11:20:03 CEST 2009

Dear all,

I'm trying to use flatzinc-1.2.1 (and gecode-2.1.1) to solve the carseq
problem-instances from the minizinc repository. Working with this
flatzinc/gecode version I quickly get solutions that contains all zeros,
which I think is not correct. On the other hand, i just tried the same
instances using the last version of gecode/flazinc and after 10 minutes I
couldn't get a solution (but this is normal since these instances are quite
difficult, i think I will need a lot of time to get a solution)..

Do you know if there is any bug in Gecode/Flatzinc-1.2.1 (or Minizinc
specification) to have this strange solutions.

Maybe the easiest solution would be to move to gecode-3*, but it is a bit
difficult for me to move to the last gecode version.

Many thanks
Alejandro