[gecode-users] help--trouble on using Gecode in VS2008

Sir Yao risoay at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 10:42:53 CEST 2009

hello all,
          As a beginner using Gecode, i faced a problem. i want you do me a
favor.
         My tools are VS2008, and i can succeed to compile and run  examples
which are supplied by Gecode on VS2008 . These are all Win32 console
application. But when i develop a MFC application using Gecode, there have
many errors facing to me. Even i simply replanted one example of Gecode ,for
instance TSP, to MFC . Errors as follows:
  "
d:\program files\gecode\include\gecode\iter\ranges-operations.hpp(94) :
warning C4003: not enough actual parameters for macro 'max'
d:\program files\gecode\include\gecode\iter\ranges-operations.hpp(94) :
warning C4003: not enough actual parameters for macro 'max'
d:\program files\gecode\include\gecode\iter\ranges-operations.hpp(109) :
warning C4003: not enough actual parameters for macro 'max'
d:\program files\gecode\include\gecode\iter\ranges-operations.hpp(109) :
warning C4003: not enough actual parameters for macro 'min'
……
d:\program files\gecode\include\gecode\iter\ranges-minmax.hpp(79) : error
C2062: type 'void' unexpected
d:\program files\gecode\include\gecode\iter\ranges-minmax.hpp(77) : error
C2062: type 'void' unexpected
"

I foud places where make into mistakes are
"  return std::numeric_limits<size_type>::max() / "
" int min(void) const; "

      I make sure that configures in the properties dialog of my solution
are set successfully. I have a suspicion that perhaps it need some library
for using Gecode in MFC. I found "The Gecode Interactive Search Tool (Gist)
is a graphical search engine for Gecode, built on top of the Qt GUI
toolkit<http://trolltech.com/products/qt>."
in the manual of Gecode. Does it have some relations with my trouble?
who know the reason ?
         Thanks for all the people who look at my email.

kayler