[gecode-users] 3.1.0 : pkgconfig information missing

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Thu Jul 2 11:33:15 CEST 2009

Hi Martin,

we removed the pkgconfig stuff because it had very limited use.  It
did not work with Windows dlls or Mac OS frameworks.  Even worse, as
we didn't really use it ourselves, it often was out of sync with the
actual distribution (e.g. libs missing).
On Linux, all that's necessary to compile and link is putting the
installation directory on -I and -L paths, and linking the -lgecode...
libraries.  The Gecode/FlatZinc distribution contains autoconf macros
that check for Gecode, it's really easy (and if you do it right, it
works on all platforms).