[gecode-users] Repeated branchings

Malcolm Ryan malcolmr at cse.unsw.edu.au
Fri Jan 23 01:09:55 CET 2009

As I understand it, you can add multiple Branchings to a Space which
will each be used in turn until each is satisfied. Is that correct?
Are they applied in the order that they are added? If a Branching's
status() returns false, is it permanently removed from the Space, or
it is just dormant until its status() becomes true again.

I ask, because in my problem I have several different sets of
variables and it would make my code much neater if I could have
separate Branchings which handle each set, and which are applied
alternately.

I don't suppose it would be too hard to write a meta-Branching which
implemented this behaviour, but I thought I'd check what the standard
behaviour is exactly before I go to the effort, and I can't find it
documented anywhere.

Malcolm