[gecode-users] Interfacing GeCode to ECLiPSe

Kish Shen kisshen at cisco.com
Wed Jan 21 12:48:40 CET 2009

Hi,

We have been thinking about developing an interface to GeCode for the
Constraint Logic Programming language ECLiPSe for a while now, and
finally I can devote some time and resource to this.

The idea is to provide an alternative FD solver for ECLiPSe, in addition
to the existing native FD solver(s) already available.

I have been looking at the available documentation, which seems to be
mostly documentation for the procedures. I am wondering if there are
more documentations available, especially for the purpose of interfacing
to other languages.

What I would like to do is to provide both a black-box search, i.e.
with the constraints posted by ECLiPSe to GeCode, and then the GeCode
search invoked. Secondly, I would like to do the search in ECLiPSe, with
GeCode doing the propagation. Do you think these are sensible approaches?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,

Kish

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.