[gecode-users] different nr of solutions with and without GIST

Tias Guns tias.guns at cs.kuleuven.be
Wed Jan 7 14:45:08 CET 2009

Hello,

I am running my code against the latest SVN version (r8036) and have the
following bizar problem:
I am looking for all solutions that adhere to a set of constraints. The
search happens over one array of boolean decision variables, and all the
constraints are put on different subsets of this array.

For a certain input datadaset, running the model returns 500 results. If I
run the same model using GIST (-mode gist), it returns 508 results ! After
manual verification, there are 508 results that satisfy all the
constraints. The 8 results that are missing form a complete branch in the
GIST search tree.

I can't create a small example to reproduce it, but it happens everytime
on my model for that dataset... Do you have any idea how this is possible ?

Greetings,
Tias