[gecode-users] Decomposition during search

Malcolm Ryan malcolmr at cse.unsw.edu.au
Wed Feb 11 03:15:35 CET 2009

Did the experimental Decomposition during search code make it into the
2.2.0 release of Gecode? I would like to take advantage of it on my
current constraint problem. If it is there, is there any description
of how it works?

Would it work with a custom Branching? I'd like to still be able to
control the order variables in each sub-problem are assigned and the
values they are given.

Is there any simple way to measure the 'decomposability' of my
problem? I have an intuition that my problem will split into many
small independent sub-problems as search proceeds, but it is too large
and complex to check this by hand.

Malcolm