[gecode-users] Question about branching

Vincent Barichard Vincent.Barichard at univ-angers.fr
Mon Feb 9 14:10:57 CET 2009

Hi,

I try to make a new search engine. In the member function "explore(void)" of
my engine I need to access to the "ViewArray x" of the current branching of
the space.
I have two problems :
- First, how to get the current branching of a space? With reflexion I can only
get a SpecActor on a branching, but not the branching object itself.
The only way I found was to make some fields of the "Space" class being public.
Furthermore I have no clue about the base class of the actor, so I must assume
that all branchings are instances of the "ViewValBranching" class.
- How to get the "ViewArray x" of a ViewValBranching ? As for previous point,
I have to make the field being public.

I have another question. I looked at the SVN trunk and I saw that reflexion has
been removed and won't be present in Gecode 3.0. Is there a way to get (print)
actors of a space? It is very usefull for debugging code and seing what
happened.

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers,
Vincent