[gecode-users] Reification

Christian Schulte cschulte at kth.se
Mon Apr 27 18:12:57 CEST 2009

Hi,

1.       It is really an equivalence: so what it actually says (your example
slightly simplified) is (x != y+c) ó b=1. If b=0 it will assert x == y+c,
and if b=1 it will assert x != y+c. I am not sure whether this answers your
question.

2.       Well depends on what you want to express, when you post xi == yi +
c ó b=1 for the same b for all i it means that if b=0, it must hold for all
i that  xi != yi +c and likewise if b=1, it must hold for all i that xi = yi
+ c. If you want to have Boolean control variables that make a statement
just for a particular i you have to create a new Boolean variable for each
i.

Hope that helps

Christian Schulte, www.it.kth.se/~cschulte/