[gecode-users] Configure fails on Gentoo Linux

Vasilij Savin Vasilij.Savin.8691 at student.uu.se
Mon Sep 15 14:05:03 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am not sure if it is bug or just some system-related complication.

I am trying to install Gecode/J on Gentoo Linux. Gecode has installed
without a hitch just by following instructions, but Gecode/J failed to
do so.

shell> ./configure
checking for the host operating system... Linux
checking for g++... g++
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for swig... /usr/bin/swig
checking if swig version 1.3.33 is available... found incompatible
1.3.34, not using swig
checking for pkg-config... pkg-config
checking whether we have the pkg-config tool... yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking the C++ compiler vendor... gnu
checking Whether to build for different architectures... no
checking whether to build with debug symbols and assertions... no
checking whether to build with profiling information... no
checking for
/home/vasily/.gentoo/java-config-2/current-user-vm/bin/javac... no
configure: error:
/home/vasily/.gentoo/java-config-2/current-user-vm/bin/javac could not
be found in path

/home/vasily/.gentoo/java-config-2/current-user-vm/bin/javac is local
definition of $JAVAC variable.

I have been able to reproduce this problem on both release and SVN versions.

I have tried manually tweaking this variable and point to javaDir
directly, but it didn't help either.

If you need some more information to resolve, I would be happy to
help, since at this point I do not know what kind of system
information you might need.

Regards,
Vasilij Savin