[gecode-users] Reporting memory usage

Gustavo Gutierrez ggutierrez at atlas.puj.edu.co
Thu Oct 30 12:10:09 CET 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 12:01 PM, Christian Schulte <cschulte at kth.se> wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> The only reason to allocate globally and not from a space is if the
> allocated entities are shared among several spaces. That's the case for
> complete set variables as they use BDDs that might indeed be shared across
> spaces.

It is also our case, in which a graph variable is partially represented by a
boost graph which is shared among spaces. If i understand you correctly
there is a way to allocate memory from the space and another one to allocate
memory from a "global" heap (still managed by gecode). Is this right?, or
when you talk about allocate globally you mean allocate from the operating
system?.

Regards,
Gustavo