[gecode-users] staged search

Denys Duchier denys.duchier at univ-orleans.fr
Wed Oct 8 22:19:47 CEST 2008

"Christian Schulte" <cschulte at kth.se> writes:

> Yes,  but what do you want to do exactly? Take a solution of the first stage
> and then continue with the second stage?

more or less, except of course it might not be a "complete" solution
(only the vars distributed over would be determined, but there might be
other vars that would be taken care of in the second stage).

I was more precisely wondering whether such a staged search could
integrate transparently into gist: the first stage would produce a
prefix of the search tree, while the second stage would produce the
extension of that search tree to "full" solutions.

Probably the answer is no, but it would be so amazingly nice if it were
yes ;-)

Cheers,

--Denys