[gecode-users] BoolExpr example

Malcolm Ryan malcolmr at cse.unsw.edu.au
Mon Nov 24 02:27:24 CET 2008

I'm sorry. I still don't completely understand how to us post. Say I
have a constraint like:

((X1 == Y1) && (X2 == Y2) && ... && (XN == YN)) --> L > 0

for general 'N'.

What I've got is:

	BoolVar allEqual;
	BoolVarArgs eq = BoolVarArgs(nRobots);
	for (int r = 0; r < N; r++) {
	   eq[r] = post(space, ~(X[r] == Y[r]));
	}
	rel(space, BOT_AND, noop, allEqual);

	post(space, !allEqual || (L > 0));

But I'm getting compilation errors on both the 'post' lines. What
should they be? Why?

Finding documentation on 'post' is tricky, since there are so many
different instances of this function across many files. I'm a bit
uncomfortable with the fact that sometimes it adds an actual
constraint and sometimes it just creates a reified BoolVar. How do I
know which case is which?

Malcolm