[gecode-users] member function branching

Patrik Haslum patrik.haslum at anu.edu.au
Thu Nov 13 15:37:12 CET 2008

Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist wrote:

> The MemberFunctionBranch that was posted earlier can not be used in
> the way that you propose. The problem is in the part:
>     next_var = <some calculations to figure out next branching variable>;
> Due to batch recomputation, the MemberFunctionBranch must not depend
> on the values of the variables, since the space in most cases has not
> been propagated yet.

If that is the problem, then I can fix it by just setting the c-d
parameter to 1, correct?

Alternatively, can I simply call space->status() in the branching
(member) function to ensure that propagation is done before looking at
current values of variables? (that would let recomputation still be done
in batches when there are several variable branch points between two
"figure out what to do next" branch points, although that doesn't happen
very often).

Thanks,
	/P at trik