[gecode-users] constraint between variables in different spaces

Christian Schulte cschulte at kth.se
Wed May 21 13:20:52 CEST 2008

No, cloning is never done implicitly.

Christian Schulte, www.ict.kth.se/~cschulte/

From: Mauricio Toro [mailto:mauriciotorob at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 1:14 PM
To: cschulte at kth.se; users at gecode.org
Subject: Re: constraint between variables in different spaces

If I am not using search/branching should I worry about cloning spaces?

Does the spaces clone in other cases different than when I do braching?

Thanks

2008/5/21 Christian Schulte <cschulte at kth.se>:

Well that would not be channeling, it would just transfer the current domain
from one space to another. As said, it can be done but it is non-trivial: it
would require locking as different spaces can be run by different threads.

What I meant by copying is: suppose that you have a propagator between
spaces s1 and s2. Now you clone s1. What should happen to the propagator?
Should it be cloned as well?

If you do not use cloning you could build a propagator, it would basically
be two propagators, one in each space.

I am not yet convinced that Gecode is a good platform for CCP, it is really
designed for constraint reasoning.

Christian Schulte, www.ict.kth.se/~cschulte/