[gecode-users] Gecode 3.0.0: What we will do. What do you want?

David Rijsman David.Rijsman at quintiq.com
Thu Jun 26 11:29:32 CEST 2008

I fully agree with Malcolm, on all remarks!

I really like the open structure of Gecode, it is extremely easy to interface to another system but it seems that for debugging and visualization this is no longer valid. It is great to have gist but I require to have my own information and visualization both for the logic as the control. For logic Gecode is open enough for me to create information on the constraint network and also on domain reductions after adding constraints, but for the control I had no other option than to add code into the existing code base. This is not really what you want in an open system, I like to add code but not into existing files.  I will potentially have to redo my work for every release (especially 3.0.0 will have new branching and lots of more control).

- What would be nice is to have is access to events in the control, with appropriate data, such that I can use this in my own system.

hope this makes sense,

David J Rijsman
Software Architect
Quintiq