[gecode-users] Intelligent backtracking methods

Tias Guns tias.guns at cs.kuleuven.be
Tue Jun 10 14:27:45 CEST 2008

Just out of interesest, I wonder how this relates to the constraint store ?
More specifically, if a constraint does GECODE_REWRITE(...) I can imagine
the space could be cloned at that point ? Anything further in the search
space will be recomputed from that clone (with rewritten constraint) on,
and backtracking to something before will be recomputed from an earlier
clone (with original constraint) ?

Or is this independant, and will a recomputation (from a clone before the
rewrite) just rewrite the constraint over and over again (for different
recomputations) ?
Given the modular way Gecode is written, this latter seems rather
plausible. It's just a bit surprising that would be so efficient...

Greetings,
Tias