[gecode-users] probabilistic choice process

Christian Schulte cschulte at kth.se
Tue Jun 10 10:30:01 CEST 2008

Hi,

I actually do not understand your question nor its context. This user group
is dedicated to how to _use_ Gecode, a system designed for solving
combinatorial constraint problems.

Your questions go more into the direction of how to _abuse_ Gecode. The use
of constraints in CCP and its variants is completely different than the use
of constraints for  solving combinatorial problems. Constraints for CCP have
the following essential features:

 - to communicate you have to have basic constraints with which you can
build data structures. That's not available here.

 - for CCP you are interested in synchronization through entailment over
data structures. That's not available here.

So why bother with Gecode? It does not strike me as meaningful.

Sorry for being so frank

Christian Schulte, www.ict.kth.se/~cschulte/