[gecode-users] Problem on gecode 2.0 installation

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Fri Jan 25 13:39:55 CET 2008

Raffaele Cipriano wrote:

> Dear GECODE users and developers,
> I'm trying to install gecode 2.0 on a cluster with these
> characteristics:
>
> <mailto:users at gecode.org>Architecture: x86_64
> SO: Linux CentOS v.4.3
> Kernel: 2.6.9-34.ELsmp CentOS Kernel
>
> "$ ./configure" is ok (I attach the config.log file), but when i try
> "$ make" at some point i get:
>
> ./gecode/iter/ranges-diff.icc: In member function `virtual
> Gecode::ExecStatus
> Gecode::Set::Sequence::SeqU::propagate(Gecode::Space*)':
> ./gecode/iter/ranges-diff.icc:94: error: jump to `retry' invalidly
> jumps into binding contour
> ./gecode/iter/ranges-diff.icc:94: error: jump to `retry' invalidly
> jumps into binding contour
> ./gecode/iter/ranges-diff.icc:94: error: jump to `retry' invalidly
> jumps into binding contour
> make[1]: *** [gecode/set/sequence/seq-u.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cipriano/GECODE2.0'
> make: *** [compilelib] Error 2
> [cipriano at c0-0 GECODE2.0]$

This is a problem with gcc 3.4.  We have fixed (well, worked around)
it in the trunk version of Gecode, and the fix will be part of the
next release.  However, I would strongly suggest to use a more recent
version of gcc, preferably 4.2!

If you really need to get it working with Gecode 2.0.0 (instead of the
trunk) and the old gcc, you should get the file ranges-diff.icc from
the trunk in our subversion repository and incorporate the changes
into your version.