[gecode-users] Adventures in installation

David Barton d.barton at edaptive.com
Thu Jan 17 15:39:01 CET 2008

Christian, you write:

> It's not that hard. Either do as I said in one of my previous mails
> (copied
> again below) or do as discussed earlier on this list:
> - start up the commandline thing that comes with MSVC (it has a
> separate entry in your start menu)
> - then from that start bash (goto the Cygwin\bin dir then start
> bash.exe)
>
> Or, if you like neither, edit the cygwin.bat file so that it includes the
> vcvars32.bat file from the MSVC distro.
>
> The catch is that setting the PATH is not sufficient, you need much more
> than that, please see below.

By golly, you're right.  It's not that hard.  It's running now.

I abase myself, and thank you *very* much for the repetition, and your help.

David L. Barton
Director, Rosetta CoE
EDAptive Computing, Inc.
1245-G Lyons Road, Dayton, OH 45458
(937) 433-0477

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain company
proprietary and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
destroy any copies of this document.