[gecode-users] Heap memory exhaustion

Joe Porter joe.porter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 05:33:58 CET 2008

The application is a schedule generator for non-preemptive real-time
distributed systems.

It ends up as a fairly large collection of global serialization constraints
and arithmetic constraints (both equality and inequality).  There is also a
little bit of disjunction in some cases, but the case I was working with
here didn't have any disjunctive constraints.  Before building the model
there was a procedure to try and infer a good level of discretization for
the problem, but today I replaced that with a resolution parameter specified
by the user.  Obviously the discretization was too aggressive :-(

Thanks again for all of your help,
-Joe