[gecode-users] Bug in Gecode Framework for Mac OS

Mauricio Toro mauriciotorob at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 13:25:11 CET 2008

Hello all,
I am writing a simple program that performs search
using the DFS search engine. I am also using
a TimeStop object to parametrize this engine.
I am compiling it with gcc 4.0.1 under Mac OS 10.5.2
with Gecode 2.2.0.

The program works great when I compile
with Gecode sources:

g++  testing.cc -I. -fPIC -lgecodesearch -lgecodekernel -lgecodeint
-lgecodeset -lgecodeminimodel -lstdc++ -lgecodesupport -o testing

However, when I compile it with the Gecode framework
g++  -o testing testing.cc -I. -framework gecode -ffast-math -O3

I always get NULL when I search a solution, unless I setup time to 0.
I tried with big values for the time parameter and the results
are the same.

Thanks for your help,

Mauricio

--