[gecode-users] Space::force and Space::unforce

Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist zayenz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 13:20:47 CET 2008

Hi,

The functions force(Space*) and unforce(Space*) are members of the
Actor-class [1], and are used to register and deregister propagators
that have references to data that is external to the space. The
layered graph propagator, for example, has a reference to a DFA that
is shared. If a propagator does not register for deletion, then the
dispose-member will not be run when a space is deleted.

Note that the members force(Space*) and unforce(Space*) will be
replaced in Gecode 3.0.0 with the more general Space-members notice
and ignore.

Cheers,
Mikael

[1] http://www.gecode.org/gecode-doc-latest/classGecode_1_1Actor.html#e32f558bd1d470b3f9bbb8283a282678