[gecode-users] Gecode 3.0.0: What we will do. What do you want?

Christian Schulte cschulte at kth.se
Tue Aug 26 15:07:17 CEST 2008

Dear all,

as promised a short update on 3.0 with another release date estimate:
 - complete rework of branching: with randomization and tie-breaking (done)
 - abstractions for cost-based optimization (done)
 - parallel search (still not integrated) [*]
 - stable version of Gist as an interactive search tool (almost done)
 - decomposition-based search (done but not adopted to 3.0)
 - entirely new memory management (done)
 - become more C++ compatible: references instead of pointers, standard
filenames (done)
 - re-optimized crucial abstractions for 64 bit (done)
 - revamp of reflection (missing)
 - possibility to define solution variables (missing)

>From our users wish-list:
 - support for non-monotonic propagators (done)
 - clause constraint (done)
 - integration of float vars (under discussion, thanks to Filip Konvička)
[*]
 - efficient reified linear propagators over Booleans (under construction,
thanks to Tias Gun) [*]

Those marked with an asterisk [*] are collaborations or third-party
contributions. Given that these work out in time, we stick to our original
timeplan (as we did for Gecode 2.2.0): late autumn...

All the best
Christian on behalf of the Gecode team

--
Christian Schulte, www.ict.kth.se/~cschulte/