[gecode-users] How to use Gecode binaries from within MSVC's IDE

Filip Konvička filip.konvicka at logis.cz
Mon Aug 25 23:43:01 CEST 2008

> However, one thing on my TODO list is investigating this: when I break
> the execution somewhere and inspect the variables (like FloatVarImp or
> IntVarImp), the 'home' pointer inside all variables is set to
> '0xBAADF00D', which is a little scary. You know, everything seems to
> work, but it's creepy. So far I thought that maybe I miscompiled
> Gecode somehow...

Well, at least this mystery is solved, I had an unnecessary "Space*
home" pointer in my FloatVarImp, don't know why, perhaps some remnants
of the evil copy&paste operation....

As for cmdline vs. IDE build, I just always remember the Boost guys
telling everyone to compile Boost with the same flags as their programs
that they want to link Boost with.

F.