[gecode-users] Problem with constraint

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Mon Aug 25 21:48:11 CEST 2008

Ujhelyi Zoltan wrote:
> I tested the new Gecode/J 2.2.0. I am very grateful for your work,
> but it did not work for me as I expected. I modified the constraints
> as you showed, but it did not prove the required equality.

I had another look, and unfortunately, we cannot provide stronger
pruning for BExprs at the moment.  The technical explanation is that
Exprs are translated to linear constraints, and there just is no
ICL_DOM for reified linear constraints.  I just added the arguments,
but didn't realize that the actual pruning wouldn't happen.

The only workaround is currently to post the reified constraints
directly, sorry.